Trip to Safari & Adventure Park Cebu: I know instead of I should have known! (Part 3)
There are a ton of ways to make eggs fun to eat and one of those recipes is the deviled eggs. It's the little perfect bites for snack or appetizer if you are going to throw a party. Not only there yummy but also packed of good cholesterol, saturated fat, vitamins and minerals. This is one of the best protein food you can have at home all year round, it's affordable, filling and nutritious!
The term "deviled", in reference to food means zesty or spicy, that's what this egg recipe is all about. You'll get that tangy, vinegar and lightly sweet flavor from the mustard. A sprinkle of paprika to these deviled eggs not only add that extra pop of flavor but it makes it look wonderful and appetizing.
There are a wide of variety on how to prepare deviled eggs, you can add any herbs, cheese, bacon bits, chives, and many more. This one is the classic version, simple and very easy to make but will definitely please your appetite. ;)
You can also make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge up to two days, make sure it's covered in a container and better if it's airtight.
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard ( I used Heinz yellow mustard)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika & parsley (for garnish)
- Slice all the eggs in half (lengthwise)
- Remove the yolk using a spoon and transfer to a bowl
- Mash the yolks using a fork
- Add the mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until the texture is smooth
- Fill each egg white whole with the deviled egg mixture using a spoon or a pipe
- Sprinkle some paprika and parsley for garnish
- Serve & enjoy! ;)