Trip to Safari & Adventure Park Cebu: I know instead of I should have known! (Part 3)
I was going through the food that I have in my fridge and wanted to throw a quick lunch with what I have available.
I call it low-carb since am using just one medium flour tortilla which has a bout 18 grams of carbs whereas wheat flour two slice bread has about 25 grams of carbs. Normally, I'd have some sandwich if I want a quick meal and have some carbs in my diet for that day.
I made my own ground beef filling, and just add a bunch of spices that I have in my pantry. There's no exact measurement, I just guess estimate so, you can adjust the flavor to your liking. Remember to always taste your food when cooking! ;)
- 2 cups good quality ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- half tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- two bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 tabelspoon unsalted butter (if using salted butter, might not need to any any salt later)
- dash of salt (if needed)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced onions
- Saute the ground beef and onions in a pan until onions turn translucent.
- Add spices and stir for about two minutes.
- Add tomato paste and butter, simmer for about 5 minutes continuously stirring.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat up tortilla for 30 seconds on low heat, flip the other side, cook for another 30 seconds on very low heat.
- Add cheeses right when you flip the tortilla.
- Transfer to a plate and add the rest of the toppings, ground beef, onions, and lettuce.
- Wrap (you can use a foil or a wax paper to wrap the tortilla. or just wrap it naked)
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Check out my other recipe blogs:
Do you have any recipe to share? Join the contest now!
Contest: Share a recipe & get a chance to win an upvote every day for a week! (Vote depends on the quality of the content)
- One entry per steemian.
- Paste the link of your recipe blog under comment box (eligible entry: only blog that has been created before the payout date of your post)
- Tag another Steemian who might be interested in joining the contest
- Resteem this post
Check Count Down to know when the contest ends.
If you reached this far, I appreciate your time reading.
Stay tuned for more recipes!
More Recipes For You: