Trip to Safari & Adventure Park Cebu: I know instead of I should have known! (Part 3)
Weather your looking for a very low carb meal or just want some delicious food on your plate, this one is so tasty and tender that you'd want to give me a tip 😁😉. you'll crave for more!
It's always smart to make your post workout meal before hitting the gym or going on a jog. Am sharing you this recipe and you'll definitely beat that hangriness!
I like steak, they're filling and pack of protein. Although they can be pricey, so I buy them in bulk and freeze a lot or if lucky, I get them at a discounted price.
This time, I use sirloin steak, they're less pricey compared to rib eye but can also be as delicious if cook the right way. Since I've been plainly searing steaks, I wanted to try a different way to cook it.
I was doing my research on the best marinade but really the best one is whatever available ingredients you have at home and just experiment. So, I tried to combine the list of ingredients in found online and the one I have in my pantry.
So let's get our sirloin ready before cooking it.
You can use whatever Italian dressing and barbecue sauce you have. Mine I use Kraft hickory smoke barbecue sauce and kraft zesty Italian dressing.
Mushrooms cook so easy so you have to cook it once the onions are already done, otherwise they get watery.
- 5 slices of sirloin stakes,
- 3 white medium onions
- 1 can mushrooms
- Cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of black peppers
- Pinch Red pepper flakes
- Cut steak into big cubes and marinade for at least an hour
- In order to caramelize the onions, sautee it in a pan until they'll golden brown (mine got burned a little bit at the bottom because I was on my phone trying to upgrade my drug war game, lol. Lesson learned, focus on the cooking, haha!)
- Once onions are done, add the mushroom, cook for two minutes and transfer to a plate
- Add oil to the pan on medium heat then stir in the steak for two minutes
- Stir in the caramelized onions and mushrooms and cook for another minute
- Serve and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more recipes!