Trip to Safari & Adventure Park Cebu: I know instead of I should have known! (Part 3)
The other day I made some protein snacks and I would like to share the recipe here. Get ready to be blown up with this super yummy protein bombs, healthier than store-bought!
Food processor or a good blender
- 150 grams pitted dried dates (soaked, and roughly chopped)
- 2 cup mix nuts (macadamia, pecan, walnut, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 dried blackberries
- 2 cup your favorite protein powder
- 2 cups flaxseed meal
- 5 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon espresso
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- about 2 tablespoon raw oatmeal
- 1/8 salt (only if nuts are not salted)
- Soak the dried dates overnight
- Roughly chopped the dates and pulse in a food processor until mixture is thick.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the food processor.
- Add rest of the ingredients except for nuts and oatmeal.
- Transfer mixture to a big bowl then throw in the nuts and mix using the spatula.
- Roll into balls and add oatmeal on each rolled balls as toppings.
Soaking the dates overnight will make your texture a lot easier to blend in your food processor.
You can always adjust the texture if the mixture won't blend good, just add water or if you're okay more coconut taste to your protein bombs, you can add more coconut oil.
I use raw oatmeal since I was just lazy to roast them in the pan, but you can go ahead roast them quick in non-stick pan if you are not a fan of raw oatmeal. I added the oatmeal to have a different flavor in it.
I made two kids of protein bombs, ones with oatmeal toppings and the other ones with mixed nuts toppings.
Don't be afraid change any ingredients to the recipe to your liking, as long as you stick to less carb rule. Like choosing the nuts that you want to add, that's why I replaced flaxseed instead of using a lot of oatmeal, not only it's very low-carb it's super healthy and gives the protein bombs more nutty flavor. It's also a good replacement for flour in baking recipes. ^_-
Check out my other recipe blogs:
Stay tuned for more recipes!
More Recipes For You: